If you’re anything like me, you love getting your day started with a little eye opener. Some people prefer the good ol’ traditional cup of coffee. Actually, I should say, most people. If you stop by any popular coffee shop, check out the line in the morning. Or try watching 10 minutes of television without seeing an energy commercial.
In this day and age, most of us are addicted to energy. We are all trying to do as much as we can, and energy definitely can be in short supply on a busy day.
I have always told customers and friends I help out with diets that energy is like everything else in life: it’s not free. When you choose to stimulate your body with too many stimulating products, you will crash. More energy now means less later. This formula can work, like when you need a boost to get the most out of your workout or a business meeting. An energy product can help you work out harder at the gym around 5, but when you get home at 7, you don’t need to be as sharp and you can relax.
Calories from your diet will always equate to energy. The problem comes when many of us are always trying to lose weight and restrict calories in our diets. When we do that, we lose some energy. There are foods that offer better calorie solutions for our bodies. Sugar is an example of a poor energy food. We have all felt the energy blast of a candy bar. All that sugar goes to work quickly and requires virtually no digestion, so it starts working as you’re chewing it. It’s a quick fix, but get ready to crash real fast from too much sugar.
Here is one of my favorite morning shakes that contains some natural caffeine stimulants as well as some great nutritional ingredients. This shake will get you going with good calories and a slight blast of caffeine.
Max Morning Eye Opener
- 6 ounces water
- 6 ounces of your favorite juice
- ½ to 1 cup of frozen berries or fruit of your choice
- ½ cup ice (optional)
- 1 small slice of fresh ginger root. This is sold in most produce sections. It’s a potent-tasting food, but it really warms the body and gets the blood flowing. Start with a small piece (about ¼ inch sliced off the root).
- 1 scoop of MaxPro Elite protein. MaxPro Elite comes in some great flavors that can really jazz up your shake. 1 scoop is 30g of quality protein. Vanilla, Strawberry Banana, or Cookies & Cream are my favorites when blending with fruit.
- 1 serving of Max Vit-Acell. This great-tasting liquid vitamin is packed with dozens of great nutrients that promote energy and overall health. For example, green tea leaf extract supports energy and vitality and grape seed extract helps to fend off oxidative stress. Best of all, Max Vit-Acell tastes great!
Directions: Toss these ingredients in a blender and blend for about one minute or so. Then enjoy a huge, tasty treat with around 300-400 calories. It really tastes incredible and it gives me a powerful blast of energy that lasts all morning long.
After you hit the grocery store, stop by any Max Muscle Nutrition store to get the rest of the items needed to make this incredible shake. Bottom’s up!
By Joe Wells